Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Guest post by Stuart Jaffe & WotS: The Half-blood pre-sale

I had the pleasure of writing a guest post for the talented Stuart Jaffe! You can see it here where I discuss what my musical inspirations for writing have been. He then very graciously returned the favor and wrote a post for my blog, which I must say I don't think I deserve, and I hesitated to post at the risk of seeming self-serving. Thank you Stuart! :) I first met Janine this year at Ravencon and then again at ConCarolinas. We hit it off from the start and I suspect she'll be in my writing life for many years to come. When it came to writing this guest post for her blog (thanks for having me, BTW), I went over several possibilities and finally settled on something that wasn't in my list at all: People. Too often we get so involved in writing a story, creating a book, marketing a book, garnering reviews, panicking over sales numbers, cheering over sales numbers, up and down, round and round, that we forget the simple fact that all of this is about people. It's about writers (who are, generally speaking, people) sharing stories with readers (who are, most certainly, people). It's about human interaction. Even if you and I never meet, we interact through the story. It may sound a bit airy, but it's truly the core of what we are doing. It doesn't matter the story, either. The Way of the Black Beast is the first in my post-apocalyptic fantasy s [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment