Sunday, June 17, 2012

ConCarolinas in review and Half-blood artwork teaser

Finally, my ConCarolinas wrap up - I'm sorry I took so long on it. As usual, life got in the way. Let me start out by saying what a wonderful experience it was not just to return to this con as a guest, but as the Fan Guest of Honor. I was absolutely thrilled and surprised when they asked me to be Fan GoH, and of course, the experience was wonderful. Here's the thing though - aside from them providing for my room (thank you!) I wasn't treated any better, or more special, as a GoH as I was as a previous "regular" guest. ConCarolinas treats ALL their guests as special, and wonderful. Oh, and for that matter, they treat all the attendees to the con as special and wonderful. ConCarolinas is truly a haven for genre fans, and I can't recommend it highly enough. 2004 was the first time I was a guest at a con (podcasting guest with my husband and Rich Sigfrit), and we were treated like we were a part of the family. Ever since then, ConCarolinas always feels like I'm going home. Many thanks and hugs to everyone who puts ConCarolinas on, but most especially to Jada, Ron, & Stephanie, whose constant friendship & support has meant so much to me and my family. Love you guys. At my first ConCarolinas this little gal was an infant wearing the teeny tiny baby Jedi robes I made her. Time keeps passing and I don't feel any older... But here is proof that I am! Checking in & who did I see? One of my very dear friends, the supremely talented professional costumer (she most recently worked on The Hunger Games) and fellow author, Cheralyn Lambeth. I don't normally wear costumes to conventions these [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment