Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Writer's Workshop

We held our 4th annual Writer's Workshop that my husband and I host in our home. The players change a bit every year, but we've have some consistency as well. The original members at this point are me, my husband Ronald T. Garner  and Aaron Allston. Bryan Young & Conley Lyons started joining us the 2nd year & have been permanent fixtures every year since. And my dear friend Maggie Allen joined us for the first time this year - additionally, it was her first workshop ever! [caption id="attachment_817" align="alignleft" width="300"] Me & Bryan on our way to the Air & Space museum - workshops aren't just about tearing up each other's stories. We have fun too![/caption] This brings me to my first point, why are workshops important? I was going to write this really insightful post about why all writers need to workshop their stories (even experienced Pro's like Aaron), but I saw that Bryan beat me to it & did it far more eloquently than I ever could. His full post is here, but I'll paste some highlights below. http://www.b [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment