Sunday, April 15, 2012

March in review (yes I know we're 1/2 way through April)

Since I prepare these for family and friends, I figured I'd post theme here too, to let you know what'd been going on & where you can see me next. :) Professional: USMC: Working at the Capitol as a Marine Corps Liaison Officer has been fantastic! I'm learning so much about our government and have been enjoying being a part of it, especially the Capitol Hill Running Club! WRITING: The audio book for The Human is done being recorded and is now in final edits. You guys, I love it! It's AWESOME and so well done! Patricia Albrecht, the voice of Pizzaz on Jem is doing the reading and she's fantastic! I got unblocked on my first chapter and my editor has The Half-Blood and I got a short story to her too (also in the War of the Seasons universe). Now I need to get off my butt and finish up some other writing projects. I need to take a break from War of the Seasons for a bit, so I doubt the next book will come out in June of 2013. But perhaps I can have it out by the end of the 2013. Don't worry, there won't be a multi-year break between books, but I know that right now I really need some distance from the series so that when I start the 3rd (and supposedly final...) book I can attack it with fresh eyes. That said, I'm 1/2 way through writing/revising a retelling of Pride and Prejudice set 400 years in the future and takes place in a military environment. Does this make it a military sci-fi romance? ;) Hobbies: What are hobbies? -Running- Holy crap, no wonder I'm tired. I think I ran 4 races this past month? And 2 of them were the same weekend, 2 of them were St. Patrick's day races, and 2 of them were crazy hilly! 4 Courts 4 miler, RockNRoll 1/2 marathon (I set a new PR!), Hills are alive 10K, Cherry Blossom 10 miler. -Books read: I read a John Hartness's book about nerdy, not good looking, not svelte/thin/muscular vampires that are the good guys. It was hilarious, super fast & fun, and I [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment