Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thrifty Fashion: First Post

You might be asking yourself (because I know I'm certainly asking myself), why the heck is this author/Marine/mother/wife writing a fashion blog? Aren't there like a bajiollion fashion blogs out there? Why do we need another? We probably don't, and I don't think I'm a fashionista at all, but apparently some of my friends and family do, and they asked me to do one, soooo... I figured this would be kind of fun to do. So there. I guess since one definition of the word is "a woman with a penchant for shopping and a natural flair for combining both current and vintage fashionable trends" and I do like to combine styles... Me & Ron That said, my personal style is constantly evolving (i.e., when I was 16, to me the height of fashion was jeans, Birkenstocks, and a Beatles t-shirt... okay I'll be honest, some days this is still the height of fashion for me). Me and my brother circa 1997 Now, what I wear is driven in part by the situation. For example, I am currently working on Capitol Hill as a Marine Liaison Officer for the House of Representatives. I wear a uniform one day a week instead of everyday - this means I wear a lot of professional civilian clothing. Still, I try to show my own flair and personality in my clothes, while still maintaining a professional appearance appropriate to my surroundings. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE thrift stores, vintage, used, handmade clothing, clearance sales, you name it. In fact, I get a bit ill if I pay full price for anything. Bleh. So yes, it IS possible to look great without spending half your pay check doing it! You've got to go by the old adage (my friend Caitlin told me about): [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment