Monday, February 20, 2012

ShevaCon 2012 wrap-up

I give you my fangirl moment of the weekend: Timothy Zahn (author of Heir to the Empire and several other Star Wars novels), me, and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett in the original Star Wars trilogy). This past weekend was mine and Ron's 11th anniversary and it also happened that I was scheduled to be a writer guest at ShevaCon, in Roanoke, VA. So for us, it ended up being a fun weekend away where we got to celebrate 11 wonderful years together and make many new friends in the process. This was the first time either of us had ever attended ShevaCon, but we're very glad we did. The staff bent over backwards to ensure the comfort and needs of each guest and attendee were met. I know the convention had designated "guests of honor," but to be honest, it felt like we were ALL guests of honor. :) The beautiful Hotel Roanoke where the convention was held. My books for sale (and yes that is my handsome husband in the background). The CW5 sponsored the con & gave us all fantastic lanyards for our badges too. Yes, Ron's badge says "Alexander McFrumplepuff" (of the Boston, McFrumpluepuffs). How I love this man! During the opening ceremonies Jeremy Bulloch was arrested by the Mando Mercs... Eek! But he took it in good humor, and I heard they took him out for dinner. Our lovely mistress of ceremonies. [...]

Thanks for reading! Please leave any comments on the site: http://www.waroftheseasons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment